Monoclonal Antibodies (mAb) Production Service
Bk News 4122
October 20, 2018
Biokit has great expertise in biomaterial design and manufacturing, including native and recombinant antigens, monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies and sera.
Biokit offers its expertise in biomaterials, with proven results in diagnostic kits, to large IVD manufacturers. When IVD companies need to outsource their in-house manufactured biomaterials, Biokit can offer dedicated solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner. More than 80 companies in the IVD industry already rely on biomaterials and specialist OEM Products and Services from Biokit.
Please find as follows some relevant information about Monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) and Biokit’s related portfolio.
Monoclonal Antibodies (mAb)
Monoclonal antibodies (mAb) are antibodies that are made by identical immune cells which are all clones of a unique parent cell. Monoclonal antibodies have monovalent affinity, binding to the same epitope (antigenic determinant) of an antigen.
Monoclonal antibodies are typically made by cell culture, which involves fusing myeloma cells with mouse spleen cells that have been immunised with the desired antigen. Hybridomas can be grown indefinitely in a suitable cell culture medium. After obtaining a media sample of cultured hybridomas, the desired antibodies must be purified and characterised.
Monoclonal antibodies for a given substance can be used to design diagnostic tests to detect the presence of this substance. What can Biokit offer you? Biokit can offer the production of monoclonal antibodies including their design, expression, purification and characterisation.
- Biokit has experience in the design, development and manufacturing of mAb.
- Biokit’s production systems are highly optimised and characterised to ensure high sensitivity and specificity in a variety of IVD assays.
- Use of different systems to grow hybridomas:
- Spinner flasks (up to 1 litre)
- Dual compartment static bioreactors
- Hollow fibre (2.1 m2 )
- Stirred tank bioreactors (2 – 50 litre)
- Have-mixed bioreactors (25 – 100 litre)
- Optimal grade/concentration and purity of the monoclonal antibodies are assessed by our Purification Department, which has more than 200 chromatographic purification columns dedicated to specific products to ensure the highest purity of the resultant biomaterials.
- Great experience in scale-up processes, ensuring optimal conditions for the production of biomaterials in large quantities while maintaining their original characteristics.
Please contact us directly via telephone or with the following form.
Tel. +34 93 860 90 00